Wednesday, December 23, 2020

How to Detect SQL Database Changes

Four hours in, the coffee I’d been drinking coursed its way through my system and told me it was time for a break.I walked away feeling good about how the day was going. Little did I know.When I returned, I logged back into my computer and the PearsonAccessNext website.As I clicked on the “Students” section, a chill coursed up and down my spine.“NO RESULTS” stared back at me.
The hours I’d just spent creating almost all of our students had vanished!Nothing remained! Not a single student!I cried! I wept! I drank more coffee and despaired!

Where oh where had my testing database gone!I wailed in my office, frightening the only other person I shared it with.I clicked everything I could think of, searching for the work I had so painstakingly created, but it was a ghost in the machine.It haunted me the rest of the day. I couldn’t face re-entering everything in the last half of the day. I would wait until Monday and try again.The specter of my lost database loomed over me the entire weekend as I tried in vain to recover.On Monday morning, I returned to face my doom.I logged once more into the Pearson site. Nothing.
I looked at the page once more, as though through a phantom mist.

The page said “registered students.” I hadn’t registered anyone on Friday. I had merely created the entries for the students.

I clicked “SHOW ALL REGARDLESS OF REGISTRATION.”
My data came flooding back in!A few entries were still missing but three quarters had survived the mishap!I rejoiced and resumed my task and praised the tech gods above that I wouldn’t have to start from scratch.



More Info: jobs for a+ certification

No comments:

Post a Comment